Mar 2, 2012

Food Time: (The Best) Chocolate Chip Cookies

I do not feel any shame in calling these the best chocolate chip cookies I have ever had. Seriously, they are that good. Over the years I've tried a good many number of recipes trying to find one that was just right. According to the recipe book I got this recipe out of these are supposedly the Mrs. Field's recipe cookies. I can't vouch for that, nor can I even say if they actually taste like Mrs. Field's cookies. They are, however, awesome.

Oven: 350

1 cup softened butter
1/2 cup sugar
1 1/2 cup brown sugar
2 eggs
2 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
2 1/2 cups flour
3/4 tsp salt
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 package Ghirardelli 60% Cacao Bittersweet Chips

- cream together the butter, sugars, egg and vanilla
- sift together flour, salt, baking soda and baking powder
- combine the wet and dry ingredients then mix in the chocolate chips
- spoon the dough onto a prepared baking sheet (I use one covered with parchment paper to cut down on the mess)
- bake for 9 minutes (yes, exactly 9 minutes even if they don't look cooked; as long as you didn't heap the dough too much they will be cooked)

These come out wonderfully crispy on the edges and deliciously soft in the middle.

No comments:

Post a Comment