May 3, 2011


Sorry, I got rather distracted and didn't realize I'd forgotten to do my weekly update as usual. Fail. Pere and I have spent most of the last week dealing with real life stuff and, *gasp*, more cleaning of the garage. It's surprisingly a lot more sorted out now, though we've still got to move the couch down into it as well as figure out where (or even if) we can put my shelves for my costume stuff.

On the costume front, still haven't done much really (rather, I don't feel like I've done much compared to how much I know I can do when I have the money to spare). Pulled my old backplate out of storage and started the slow process of striping the paint from it so I can use it for my Protector mando kit. (I am quite happy with the backplate, incidentally. It was from the Cyanide kit I originally used, only my dad and I trimmed it down and formed it a lot better to my body. I loves it.) Also got my canvas tent cape in (like Boba's shoulder cape), sort of a very faded aqua color now, but I'm going to try dying it a deeper green. I do hate that I have to clean all the weathering off it though; it was very nicely weathered. And since one of the local Mercs is selling his old Fett style knees, for a really nice price despite them being simple, I'm snatching those up to use for the Protector as well. Going to have to flesh the knees out some, add the blocks and what have you to the sides, but still. Less hassle than getting more sintra and printing the templates, and all that. Still debating some style issues which will determine what kind of boots and style of kama I use but really not a kit I'm expecting to make a ton of progress on any time soon.

As for upgrading Kora, all we've done is get the back part of my new vest pattern drawn out. Yeah. Slow week. Also, the light in my helmet somehow broke. *sigh* Of course it did. I swear I've had nothing but problems with that kit since moving out here.

Did some more greebly hunting for my brother's gauntlets. I'm quite happy with most of the greeblies I pulled out of Pere's boxes to use for them, though there are still some things I'm hunting for. Going to make the muslin mock-up of my brother's vest today (we hope) so we can bring it along with his gauntlets down with us to Oregon tomorrow and fit them for him. I already know the gauntlets are probably going to require a ridiculous amount of trimming since both my brother and I have small arms, but I'm not going to complain about almost free gauntlets. (Still many thanks to Sidd for shipping those to me. :) )

Going to be sorting through some more of my costume (and personal) stuff this week. Already added one more bodice to the list of stuff I'm selling, might even end up adding my one from Damsel in this Dress (which will greatly pain me if I do. . .I love her stuff and don't know when I'll be able to afford another one). Will probably also be tossing up my commissioned mando vest that I never ended up using. *sigh* My costume closet is slowly getting more bare, but I need the money and no point hanging onto stuff I'm not using/not going to use.

No comments:

Post a Comment